[dev] wicked permissions

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Sun Nov 28 11:23:25 PST 2004

>> Unfortunately, there's more to it than this... if the user has a default
>> install with no permissions and then sets the permissions on any one
>> page, 'wicked:pages' will be automatically created with no permissions
>> set.

This already happens with 'wicked' permissions.  Setting perms on a page creates
empty perms for 'wicked' (assuming 'wicked' didn't already exist), which then
removes wicked from the menu (except for admins).  So...

>> You'll have to make sure 'wicked:pages' exists or create it with
>> rational permissions before letting the user set the permissions on a
>> page as well.

How much do we want to assume?

Should we assume, that if there were no permissions set for 'wicked', then it
was meant for all users to have full access, and set 'wicked' and
'wicked:pages' accordingly?

Or, should we require the site admin to set specific values for both of these?

Or, is there some other option that I haven't thought of?

--Ben