[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: kronolith month.php [patch attached]

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Nov 29 07:04:26 PST 2004

Quoting "Derek P. Moore" <derekm at hackunix.org>:

> I've attached a patch (img.api.diff) that extends Horde::img()'s API in a
> backwards compatible fashion so you can optionally specify
> alternative text for the title attribute as well.  This was the best
> way I could think of to extend img()'s API, I hope it's acceptable.

I've implemented yet a third solution: if the $attr parameter is an
array, it'll
be treated as a set of tagname/value pairs. You can use this to override the
title text (it still defaults to $alt) or add any other parameters you need.
How's that? :)

> The attached Kronolith patch cleans all of this up in a rather nice way.
> Now, everywhere uses "<" and ">" as alt text with tooltips of "Last ..." and
> "Next ...".  And adding an event is "+" with a tooltip of "Create a New
> Event".

This sounds great and consistent. Would you be willing to rewrite the
patch for
the new API as committed?

> IMP could also benefit from similar consistency changes...  If you
> guys like and accept this work, I'll send up a patch that
> "consistencyifies" IMP with
> the new Horde::img() API.

Sounds good as well.

-chuck