[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: framework/Crypt/Crypt smime.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Thu Dec 2 13:07:43 PST 2004

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>:
>
>> slusarz     2004-11-30 19:27:14 PST
>>
>>   Modified files:
>>     Crypt/Crypt          smime.php
>>   Log:
>>   Stupid, stupid, stupid.  PHP provides absolutely no way (at least
>> as far as I
>>   can tell) to extract the data from an S/MIME signeddata object.
>> So we have
>>   to use this hack and use the openssl binary unless somebody else
>> can think of
>>   something better.
>
> This was exactly my thought when I looked at the S/MIME code the last time.

Do you think the php folks would be receptive if I posted a
enhancement/request
in their bugs system to implement this?  I really can't figure out why the
verify (http://us2.php.net/openssl_pkcs7_verify) command returns a boolean vs.
the string on success and false on error.  And, come to think of it it doesn't
even return a boolean since -1 is a possible return value.

Not that fixing this issue would help us any at the present time.

michael