[dev] RE: [chora] Specifying Horde File Root

Flanakin Michael C SSgt HQ SSG/ENED Michael.Flanakin at Gunter.AF.mil
Thu Dec 9 04:55:17 PST 2004

I completely understand the reasoning behind not creating add'l config
files for small tasks like this, but there doesn't seem to be much other
choice. The conf.php file could have it, I guess. Because, as long as
Horde knows where Chora (or any other component) is, Horde can create
the conf.php file. It's just the fact that the component won't work w/o
knowing where Horde is. So, as long as you create the conf.php file and
specify the Horde location within that, then you should be fine. As a
matter of fact, Horde could probably even be setup to automatically
propagate the roots from the registry.php file, which would be even
better. Then the only thing that would have to be done on the other
components would be to remove whatever they have in place that specifies
the HORDE_BASE.

This is all in theory. I'd need you guys to verify that it at least
seems like a sound idea. I don't mind putting in time to implement it,
but it'll probably take me some time to figure out how the admin setup
stuff works.

-----Original Message-----
From: chora-bounces at lists.horde.org
[mailto:chora-bounces at lists.horde.org] On Behalf Of Chuck Hagenbuch
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 3:48 PM
To: chora at lists.horde.org
Cc: dev at lists.horde.org
Subject: RE: [chora] Specifying Horde File Root

Quoting Flanakin Michael C SSgt HQ SSG/ENED
<Michael.Flanakin at Gunter.AF.mil>:

> Based on that info, I guess a config/Horde.php file that would define
> HORDE_BASE or would specify a variable to be read to define the
> HORDE_BASE (probably the better option). Then lib/base.php would just
> reference that file instead of setting the value directly.

It's never seemed justified to me to require an additional file
inclusion on
every page load for the (few) people that need to put apps under
different
directories than horde, and you are one of the only people who's spoken
up
about it, too.

This discussion belongs on the dev list, in any case.

-chuck

Quincy Adams