Fwd: Re: [dev] trees and PNG transparency in IE

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Dec 9 08:30:21 PST 2004

Keep threads on the list.

Also, that's not useful to us because with themes we can't predict which
graphics need transparency or not by name.

----- Forwarded message from vilius at lnk.lt -----
    Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 18:21:57 +0200
    From: ViliusŠumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>
 Subject: Re: [dev] trees and PNG transparency in IE
      To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>

>>> With PNG transparency turned on, I noticed some layout problems
>>> with this. I have no idea why. If anyone else sees them, I'd
>>> appreciate input.
>>
>> No subicons and plus minus images are shown in deeper levels. This
>> is very clear seen in left menu, when PNG transparancy is on, on
>> IE6SP2/SP1.
>
> And your suggestion is?

As PNG transparency is turned off by default, you can leave it as is.
Personally
I can live with it.

By the way, I tested those PNG's on slow connection today, and
sometimes random
images doesn't show (not only in tree) or are shown bigger size.

I saw .htc file with someking of regexp code on the Net the other day.
This PNG
behaviour file detects if PNG file has "-trans" in it's name and uses an alpha
filter for it. I haven't the link now though. I'll try to search my browser's
history when I be at home. I thought I would be interested, because not
all PNG
images needs alpha filter to be applied.

--
   Vilius

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

--
"But she goes not abroad in search of monsters to destroy." - John Quincy Adams