[dev] Recovering trean bookmarks

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Sun Dec 12 06:21:47 PST 2004

Well, it seems that I messed something up. I ran the upgrade script for trean.
I was getting errors as I ran it, but noticed that each time I ran it the
error was different (on a different record, I mean). I assumed (I know, bad
thing) that it was having problems with certain bookmarks but was going passed
them, so I just kept running the script until I got no errors, just the "Done!"
message.

Some of my bookmarks came over, but most did not. I see a lot of empty
categories under trean, so I checked the database. All of my bookmarks still
appear in the horde_categories table, so a couple of questions came to mind.

1. Should I just delete the category entries from the horde_datatree table and
re-run the update script?

or

2. Should I just populate the datatree_data field in the horde_datatree table
with the bookmarks from the category_data field in the horde_categories table?

I'm not completely sure of what the upgrade script was trying to do, so I
didn't want to proceed without advice.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

--