[dev] Re: [Tickets #976] RESOLVED: Add event to multiple calendars

Richard Heggs richard.heggs at nottinghamcity.gov.uk
Mon Dec 13 08:50:57 PST 2004

Chuck,

Quoting bugs at bugs.horde.org:
<snip>
> Ticket URL: http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=976
<snip>
> Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> (2004-12-13 07:54) wrote:
> I can think of a few ways to handle this, but this doesn't make sense to me
> as a feature. You could use save as new to clone the event, but it really
> sounds like for those meetings you ought to be using the email scheduling
> (attendees) support.

Getting management to change their working practices?  I can already hear the
cries of 'but we've always done it this way'. :)

Seriously,  I've heard variations on this suggestion from a few different
support staff.  In situations where there is a department secretary who
more-or-less controls the diaries of a number of staff, the ability to simply
plonk events into several calendars as a fait accompli removes the extra step
of waiting for the person in question to accept the meeting invitation.
Using the 'create as new' functionality solve the problem, but is time
consuming if it has to be done several times.

I'll have a go at putting something together myself.  If it's not accepted as
a feature, I can always maintain a local copy.

Cheers,
--
Richard Heggs
The views expressed herein are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Richard Heggs
Systems Analyst

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content
and cleared by NetIQ MailMarshal.

views which are not the views of Nottingham City Council unless specifically
stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system,
do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance
on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that Nottingham City
Council monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will
signify your consent to this.