[dev] [patch] new Horde_User class: incomplete, but for review

Jason M. Felice jfelice at cronosys.com
Mon Jan 17 11:14:42 PST 2005

I'm posting this patch for review.  It's getting big, and although it's
almost finished, I'd like for some peer review about now so I don't end
up committing a big lump of coal. ;-)

This patch creates a Horde_User:: class which encapsulates the logic for
getting and setting user's properties.  Right now it's done ad hoc in
two places-- adding users and editing users.  User's properties come
from several places, currently:

1) Auth (for user name and credentials)
2) Hooks (for "extra" fields, sample hooks are for adding an entry to turba)
3) Identity (for full name and e-mail address)

Without the patch, once a user is in the system, you can only update the
auth user name, auth credentials, and identity, and you can't update the
extra fields (at least not from the user admin interface).  My motivation:

1) Allow updating of hooks fields (I use them in some custom apps I'm
writing for clients).
2) I'd like to see the consistency between adding and editing, I think
it would make managing users more intuitive.

Thoughts?  Questions?  Flames?

--
 Jason M. Felice
 Cronosys, LLC <http://www.cronosys.com/>