[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: kronolith/lib Driver.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Jan 20 08:07:29 PST 2005

>   Log:
>   If the imported iCalendar object contains a UID, use that instead of
>   generating a new one.

Good catch.

>   We probably should also check if this UID already exist and either don't
>   import the object in this case, or overwrite the existing one. Opinions?

This should probably be handled in the import API method, and for iTip updates
to work correctly, we should probably be overwriting it. Unless we can
determine, in the iTip viewer, that it's an update to an existing event, not a
new one, and then we should be calling replace, not import. I think I
like that
way better; that way if the UID already exists, and we're in import, we can
throw an error.

-chuck

Quincy Adams