[dev] Install script ideas

Barsalou barjunk at attglobal.net
Fri Jan 28 23:05:57 PST 2005

OK. Here is a short set of steps that might accomplish the task.

- ask questions about install (install dir, etc)

- check for requirements needed for horde and questions answered above.

- get the horde-latest tarball

- set permissions, generate default config files

- show url to start configuring horde.

Modules to be loaded after the initial horde install.  Driver settings and other
settings can be made from the configuration screens.

I have never tried to use horde with out some sort of backend.  Can it work
without one?  I realize you won't get full functionality, but maybe enough to
load other modules and configure it for use.

- download the module tar file

- run some form of test.php to check for php/pear pre-req's for the module

- set permissions, create default config files

Am I missing something?

Mike B.