[dev] Spacing between menu <div> and content

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Feb 6 08:17:24 PST 2005

Quoting Roel Gloudemans <roel at gloudemans.info>:

> This causes a problem when creating a template in which you have to
> set the distance between to top menu and the page content. Isn't it
> better to specify a bottom margin for the #menu css class and erase
> the <br /> tags from the templates?

When I thought about this, I couldn't think of a way to keep the
sidebar the way it is in many themes now - attached to the menu.
Creating a gap there wouldn't look good.

Here's an alternate solution that's not quite as clean, CSS-wise, but
doesn't affect the sidebar and won't break on upgrading just Horde or
just apps: set all of those <br /> tags to class="menuBottom". Then
define that in your theme/css to have whatever line height you like.
How's that?

-chuck

Quincy Adams