[dev] [security] No password on mysql database

Roel Gloudemans roel at gloudemans.info
Fri Feb 11 06:10:19 PST 2005

When importing the Horde create.mysql.sql the user horde is created and
the password is set. The Host value is set to localhost.

BUT: In the sql scripts of some other modules (e.g. jonah) grants are
are given to horde and not horde at localhost. The result is that another
user is created with % as `Host`. This user has _no_ password!!!!!!!!!!
I discovered it today. I'm setting up a new horde instance. After
running all database creation scripts I had 2 Horde users.
horde at localhost (with passwd) and horde@% (*without* passwd)

Cheers,
Roel.