[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: framework/Horde/Horde Registry.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Feb 12 07:36:38 PST 2005

>  Log:
>  If importing the configuration fails, we return an error anyway, causing the
>  application to stop. This should not happen in normal operation, so
> silencing
>  the include error messages shouldn't be necessary, but not doing so
> could help
>  finding the problem and avoiding blank pages. Or did I miss anything?

The problem is that in RPC calls or registry checks, warnings will
break the call. Obviously fatal errors kill it anyway, but there's
nothing we can do about that.

I wonder if we could open an output buffer before doing the include -
if we did that, would it automatically be displayed if there was a
fatal error? That way we could hide inclusion warnings from remote
calls, but report fatal errors and capture errors for warnings....

-chuck

Quincy Adams