[dev] Re: Special characters in fullname

Roel Gloudemans roel at gloudemans.info
Tue Feb 22 04:45:05 PST 2005

> Zitat von Roel Gloudemans <roel at gloudemans.info>:
>
>> When a fullname contains a special character like é, it is not displayes
>> correctly on the portal page (behind Welcome,...) and in the mail list
>> in IMP, the mail from: field is also incorrect.
>
> What *is* displayed there?
Some garbage

>> Is this a simple case of adding a php htmlspecialchars at the right
>> places, or are those special characters e.g. violation some mail RFC
>> (hence the should not even appear in a fullname)
>
> It should work out of the box if you have the required PHP extensions
> installed and use a charset that your server supports.

You're right. It seems to work when I create a fullname with the
special characters using the Horde options interface. In the horde
installation the fullname is gotten from an Active Directory using a
hook. I suspect now it has something to so with the character set used
bij Windows, ANSI probably whereas Horde is ISO. Any ideas to how to
handle this?

Cheers,
Roel.