[dev] Re: Horde insists on using trans-sid

Alan Mizrahi amizra at cantv.net
Tue Mar 1 10:46:22 PST 2005

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Alan Mizrahi <amizra at cantv.net>:
>

>>I am using the Horde framework to develop a module for monitoring the
>>services offered by an ISP.
>

> Like Nic, or something different?

I don't know what is Nic. I meant an Internet Service Provider, which
provides services like email, web hosting, etc.
This application is a web interface that makes graphics, like mrtg.
I guess screenshots are a must tu describe it.

>>Would anybody be interested in such a module? Maybe I could release it
>>when its ready.
>

> Sure, why not.
>

>>Anyway, the problem with horde is that it keeps rewriting the URLs to
>>http://xxx?Horde=session_id instead of using cookies to store the
>>session id.
>

> Then your browser isn't accepting cookies. Or the cookie settings in
> Horde's configuration aren't correct.

OK, then my problem is that PHP falls back to use trans-sid if the
client doesn't accept cookies?
How can I change this behavior?

I think that trans-sid is just a dirty hack, I'd rather show a message
to the user asking to enable cookies instead of letting him in with
trans-sid.