[dev] Re: Observer

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Mar 12 18:00:06 PST 2005

Quoting Carlos Pedrinaci <cpedrinaci at yahoo.es>:

> I have been seeking for some way for supporting automatic notification
> of changes between different objects across different modules.
> It seemed to me that the Relationship stuff could fit there well.
> I had a look at it, and decided to implement the Observer pattern in a
> generic way from scratch. The result is something in between the
> Relationship and the Notification.

Obviously I've sat on this in my inbox for way way too long. Carlos,
would you be willing to put this into an enhancement request on
bugs.horde.org? And then perhaps bring up where you see it being used
again, if you're still thinking in this direction.

> Instead my idea is to support linking Tickets back into Thor through
> this Observers implementation. That way whenever a task is finished all
> these tasks that can now be started ('End-Start' relationships for
> example) would then be generated...

That'd be pretty slick. :)

-chuck

Quincy Adams