[dev] Re: [patch] Horde not listening to language set at login screen

Roel Gloudemans roel at gloudemans.info
Sun Mar 13 03:15:46 PST 2005

I had it in two different installations (both HEADS) and was reported
to me by a couple of users (one "old" installation updated hundreds of
time from CVS and a fairly recent one).

Looking at the code in login.php

1) If name and pass are set; create a blank session
2) Authenticate
3) set horde_url
4) Load the next page

As I understand it; language for the session is not set in login.php.
The choice entered on the login screen is lost when loading the next
page.

When I set language to a different value than the browser's default
e.g. all Horde warnings are in the correct language, but portal menu is
not (it is in the browsers default language). When I apply the patch
(which sets the horde_language session parameter), the portal menu is
in the correct language

What am I missing here?

Cheers,
Roel.