[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/themes screen.css imp/templates/compose compose.inc imp/templates/message navbar_top.inc

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Wed Mar 16 10:18:20 PST 2005

> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>:
>
>>  Modified files:
>>    themes               screen.css
>>    templates/compose    compose.inc
>>    templates/message    navbar_top.inc
>>  Log:
>>  Prevent long headers from wrapping off the side of the screen causing
>>  unsightly horizontal scrollbars.
>
> This is unfortunately going to cause other problems, since it extends
> the height of headers down the page - a problem for any theme that has
> a background image on the header class - look at the Mozilla theme for
> an example.

Didn't catch the mozilla theme - so I fixed that.  Looks like there
were only 6 themes that were not doing wrapping of the header (it just
happens to be that the Horde default was one that was not doing
wrapping) - the default actually *has* been to wrap the header.  I
can't see any reason for the other 5 to wrap the header so I won't
touch them.

> Options include having just those themes override this style, simply
> chopping off the text (overflow:hidden), or living with the scrollbars.

I played around with the other 2 options but chopping off the text can
lose valuable information at the end of the header text and the
scrollbars were very annoying (IMHO).  #1 seems like the best solution
(and what I did for the mozilla theme) since there only appears to be a
single theme at this time that requires header lines not to wrap.

michael