[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/config conf.xml framework/Horde/Horde Registry.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Thu Mar 24 09:01:25 PST 2005

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at curecanti.org>:
>
>> slusarz     2005-03-23 16:32:20 PST
>>
>>  Modified files:
>>    config               conf.xml
>>    Horde/Horde          Registry.php
>>  Log:
>>  Implement session caching of some registry information.  See conf.xml ->
>>  'registry_cache' entry for description of what is cached.
>
> Cool, that should give a huge perfomance boost. Unfortunately also a
> memory boost, but that's another story. Did you do any benchmarks?

Not yet.  And in my haste I forgot to add to the conf.xml description
that "Additionally, caching of registry information will result in
slightly larger session sizes".  But disk space is cheap, I/O access
times generally are not, so I expect there to be a noticeable
difference (1-2%??), especially for something like the sidebar which
has to parse multiple configuration files.

I'll try to run some benchmarks today and see what I come up with.

michael