[dev] Re: User Admin on head. I see blank lines rather than users.

Edwin L. Culp eculp at encontacto.net
Mon Mar 28 03:21:33 PST 2005

> Quoting "Edwin L. Culp" <eculp at encontacto.net>:
>
>> I hadn't really noticed this util an email a week or so ago to the
>> horde list from alan at aillweecave.ie.  When I go to user admin, I'm
>> seeing blank lines only.  This is in head, I'm not sure for how long,
>> using horde and LDAP for authentication.  I have only noticed this in
>> user admin and when trying to add permissions for a specific user.
>>
>> I am using hooks for ldap but they haven't changed since I last added a
>> user specific permission.  Adding users works, they show up in ldap as
>> expected.
>>
>> I don't know where to look.
>
> How about Auth_ldap::listUsers()?

Thanks, Chuck.  listUsers, from what a non-programer can understand, is
the key.  It would appear to me that:

$this->_params['hostspec']
$this->_params['binddn']
$this->_params['password']
$this->_params['filter'])
$this->_params['objectclass']
[$this->_params['uid']

need values to be able to return userlist.  If that is correct, does a
hook need to be added to the function listUsers to get the values from
hooks.php?  I could be totally wrong and really showing my lack of
OOP's and programing knowledge.

Some coaching would be very appreciated and I apologize for my lack of
knowledge.

thanks,

ed

P.S. With a egrep -rl 'listUsers' hordebase I see that a it is called
in many places, so making it work should fix all my current user, post
add, admin problems.