[dev] Gollem and sqlhome VFS fix

Jason Stratford jason at alteredminds.com
Sat Apr 2 14:20:12 PST 2005

--------------010907090401070606010406

Hello

I have recently installed the latest version of Horde (3.0.4) and
snapshot 20050326 of Gollem. When I first tried to use Gollem  (setup
with a sqlhome backend) I was getting all sorts of error messages about
" Permission denied for folder '' " etc. Users home directories and the
root directory were not being auto created at all. After digging around
a bit I have come up with the following patches to horde/lib/VFS/sql.php
and gollem/lib/manager.php that have solved my problems.

In summary there seemed to be no way to create the root directory as it
failed the Gollem::verifyDir call and the creation of the home directory
itself did not take into account the path and name split. Also when the
sql driver lists a folder it does not check to see if the folder exists
first.

Please could someone have a look at these and comment. Are these valid
fixes, or have I misunderstood the behavior of gollem and VFS? I
appreciate that the code may need adjusting to meet horde code standards.

Many thanks
Jason

--------------010907090401070606010406

Name: VFS-sql.patch