[dev] Re: datatree::getSortedTree() patch

Duck duck at obala.net
Thu Apr 7 07:09:14 PDT 2005

--Boundary-00=_K8TVCkzQ9JlbD8e

On Thursday 07 of April 2005 05:56, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:
> Quoting Duck <duck at obala.net>:
> > Now that _load() and getSortedTree() are practical identical. Do you
> > think that the get() method and the tree management in generel could be
> > changed to use the optional sorting?
>
> Well, get() already takes a bunch of arguments. I'm still open to it,
> but how do you propose to do this without breaking get() for existing
> usage - we can't change how it's called by existing FRAMEWORK_3 apps.

The only thing is to add the 3 sorting parameters to the end of the get()
arguments. If they aren't passed the function acts as now normaly acts.

PS: The attached patch moves the sorting code from getSortedTree to the
_buildLoadQuery to not duplicate the code and to move a little bit in the
above direction.

Duck

--Boundary-00=_K8TVCkzQ9JlbD8e

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...