[dev] Re: VFS errors in HEAD version of Vcation

Lance Wilson lance at webguyinternet.com
Mon Apr 11 19:09:05 PDT 2005

Posting to wrong list:  Sorry.  I was actually debating wherether to post it
to developers (because it was CVS code) or to the sork newsgroup.  I thought
developers would be more appropriate... but that is ok, now it is in the
right group.

Did a bit of investigation on this and discovered something.  Here is the
output from my FTP servers log file:

Apr 11 19:11:32 kelly ftpd[18655]: wu-ftpd - TLS settings: control allow,
client_cert allow, data allow
Apr 11 19:11:32 kelly ftpd[18655]: USER lance
Apr 11 19:11:32 kelly ftpd[18655]: PASS *********
Apr 11 19:11:33 kelly ftp(pam_unix)[18655]: session opened for user lance by
(uid=0)
Apr 11 19:11:33 kelly ftpd: jennifer.webguyinternet.com: lance[18655]: FTP
LOGIN FROM jennifer.webguyinternet.com [68.142.136.12], lance
Apr 11 19:11:33 kelly ftpd: jennifer.webguyinternet.com: lance: TYPE
I[18655]: TYPE Image
Apr 11 19:11:33 kelly ftpd: jennifer.webguyinternet.com: lance: PORT
68,142,136,12,166,129[18655]: PORT
Apr 11 19:11:33 kelly ftpd: jennifer.webguyinternet.com: lance: STOR
.forward[18655]: STOR .forward
Apr 11 19:11:33 kelly ftpd: jennifer.webguyinternet.com: lance: PORT
68,142,136,12,166,130[18655]: PORT
Apr 11 19:11:33 kelly ftpd: jennifer.webguyinternet.com: lance: RETR
.forward[18655]: RETR .forward
Apr 11 19:11:33 kelly ftpd: jennifer.webguyinternet.com: lance: PORT
68,142,136,12,166,131[18655]: PORT
Apr 11 19:11:33 kelly ftpd: jennifer.webguyinternet.com: lance: RETR
.forward[18655]: RETR .forward
Apr 11 19:11:33 kelly ftpd: jennifer.webguyinternet.com: lance: PORT
68,142,136,12,166,132[18655]: PORT
Apr 11 19:11:33 kelly ftpd: jennifer.webguyinternet.com: lance: RETR
.forward[18655]: RETR .forward
Apr 11 19:11:33 kelly ftp(pam_unix)[18655]: session closed for user lance
Apr 11 19:11:33 kelly ftpd: jennifer.webguyinternet.com: lance: IDLE[18655]:
FTP session closed

The system creates a file called .forward (in the correct location) but it
is 0 bytes.
One thing I did notice is that Gollem is setup in PASV mode and Forwards and
Vacation seem to be setup in PORT mode.  Could that be the issue?  Gollem
works fine... the others don't.

Beginning to think this may be a firewall thing???  Running in a fedora Core
3 Linux.

Lance Wilson
news:1113253397.65c9b622c433b at mail.ph.utexas.edu...