[dev] Re: whups: Batch changes on tickets

Auke Bruinsma air2 at dds.nl
Thu Apr 14 04:22:42 PDT 2005

Jan Schneider wrote:

>>>Huh?
>>>

>>Like (again ugly example, hopefully make things more clear):
>>Batch ($tickets = null){
>> $_tickets = $tickets;
>>}
>>function Move ($tickets = null)
>>{
>>    $usetickets = null;
>>     if (count ($tickets)) $usetickets = $tickets;
>>    else $usetickets = $_tickets;
>>    if (!count ($usetickets)) return error;
>>}
>>

>Ah, no, I don't think this is necessary. We should stick to either concept.

Well that disables the use like this:
Batch::Move ($newlocation, $tickets);
and this use:
$obj = new Batch ($tickets);
$obj->Move ($newlocation);
$obj->State ($newstate);

Or is it not right to use this Batch class in both ways.

>>Should the forms gointo this Batch class, or should a seperate class
>>contains the forms and then call the Batch class.
>>The first puts all together at one clear place (which can be a pro)
>>The second seperates the gui from the code (which can be a pro too)
>>

>A seperate class, like we do elsewhere in Whups. But you can probably
>put them into one file. Again, look at how we do it with other classes
>in Whups.
>
>Jan.

Ehm why didn't I think of putting 2 classes in one file :S. Of course
thats it. :-)

Auke