[dev] Guidance on how to implement ticket 1561

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Thu Apr 21 13:37:31 PDT 2005

I logged ticket 1561 because we have a need to be able to create a contact group
from multiple sources, and we currently are having to end up exporting the
entries a user wants from our directory server addressbook and import them into
their localsql addressbook.  This quickly ends up duplicating addresses in
multiple addressbooks and the import/export is a cumbersome step for some
users.

So,

Would a proper way to implement this be to expand each function that deals with
Groups to also include the source address book, as well as the unique id?  The
ContactID uniquely identifies an entry in an addressbook, and to be able to add
from multiple sources, you'd also need to include which source that ContactID
was in.  I'd like to know if this is a good idea before I go monkeying with
function API's, and if it is, then I'd do it with an eye towards Turba 2.1

Thanks,
Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer