[dev] Folder select widgets and Mac IE 5.2

John Morrissey jwm at horde.net
Tue Apr 26 07:58:02 PDT 2005

The folder select widgets in IMP's toolbar are causing the toolbar to wrap
in IE 5.2 for the Mac, which looks awful:

http://horde.net/~jwm/ie52-stock.jpg

If I disable $conf['user']['allow_folders'] so the folder-select widgets
aren't displayed, the menu looks fine. I've made it look reasonable by
moving the form tags outside the enclosing <div id="menu">, which makes IE
5.2 look fine:

http://horde.net/~jwm/ie52.jpg

but breaks other browsers, perhaps because the '#menu form' style overrides
padding settings for the menu buttons?

http://horde.net/~jwm/firefox.jpg

Emitting different HTML based on the browser seems kludgy in this case; is
there a better way to handle this?

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o