[dev] PHP email processing library

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Apr 26 15:23:53 PDT 2005

I'm trying to develop an application that is quite similar, in a way, to
a rudimentary webmail interface, but really it's not a webmail.
The application should receive email from several mailing lists, store
the messages in a database, allow several people to log in, look at the
messages, flag them in various ways, make notes on the messages, do
basic processing (forward them to another address) and that's pretty
much it.

But I don't want to reinvent the wheel, so I'm looking for PHP code
that's doing these things:
- grab a newly arrived message and separate the headers and the body,
separate each header from the rest, etc.
- figure out which messages belong to the same thread based on various
criteria
- other basic operations that need to be performed on email

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Florin Andrei