[dev] Horde automated install

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Mon May 9 13:45:43 PDT 2005

Hi.

I'm the author of Domain Technologie Control (DTC), which is a complete
web interface administration script. In other words: A GPL web control
panel for admin and accounting hosting services. Details of the project
can be found here:

http://www.gplhost.com/?rub=softwares&sousrub=dtc

With some of the contributors to the project, we've been thinking of
making an automated installer for many tools, like PHPBB, Drupal, and
others. I immediately though about the Horde project, because I think
it's a cool one, and I was wondering if there was some kind of automated
script somewhere. I can't let my user the tasks of installer a horde
system themself, it would be too hard to do for them.

Also, I was wondering if it was possible to use a SHARED calendar with
SQL together with a PRIVATE one still in SQL? I would setup a database
for each of the horde interface installed to each domains. I think it's
easier for me than trying to use LDAP (I would just have to do a copy of
the existing database).

Another thing I need now: let's say a boss that would assign a meeting
to all it's employee at a certain time (with possibility of
acknowledgment by the employee). Does Kronolith has that type of
feature, or is it something I may try to contribute?

Thomas Goirand