[dev] Kronolith category/color patch, per user

Ben Chavet ben at horde.org
Mon May 9 20:06:37 PDT 2005

> Speaking of the border, I'm going to declare that a failed experiment
> and remove it if no one speaks to the contrary...

Please do, they bug me :)

As for the rest of the debate, I think I agree mostly with Kevin.  I
like the idea of having a legend of users with their category colors,
so it is easy to tell who an event belongs to.  On the other hand, I
don't like the idea of using other people's colors in all cases because
it could get kinda ugly. This is especially true if one (or more) of
your coworkers is colorblind, and can't tell that the color scheme is
aweful.  Or, on the other side, that colorblind person might not be
able tell the difference between two categories.

Admitedly, I haven't been following the debate very closely, so I
apologize if this has already been discussed.  What if we were to do
the user legend, but allow a user to set the colors that he/she sees
for each category.  For example, Larry, John, and Sue work together,
and each of them have a shared calendar.  Could we do something so John
can set his own display colors for John:Meeting, John:Vacation,
Larry:Meeting, Larry:Vacation, Sue:Meeting, and Sue:Vacation?  And
simularly for the other two.  Possibly defaulting to the color defined
by the calendar owner?

--Ben