[dev] curious

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Wed May 11 21:21:24 PDT 2005

Quoting Greg Rundlett <Greg.Rundlett at savaJe.com>:

> I'm curious why many php files in horde do not actually close the php
> tag at the end of the file?

It was decided it caused more problems than it was worth.  It isn't needed,
so it works fine without it.  With it there, people would for example
put a blank line after it and cause php errors, etc.  So by leaving it
off, we get few complaints from people doing things like that.

Not a perfect solution, but it really has cut down on the number of
complaints from people corrupting their files by adding a blank line
after the closing tag.

> Also, why do many arrays, such as in the registry.php use a trailing
> comma after the last element?

No idea about that one.

--
Eric Rostetter