[dev] Problems with read-only session in sidebar

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Thu May 12 08:52:03 PDT 2005

Here's the issue:
1. The sidebar generates an IMP_Tree.  This IMP_Tree uses the previous
values of the Virtual INBOX and Virtual Trash identifiers.
2. User accesses IMP.  Session tasks get run and new Virtual INBOX and
Virtual Trash entries (with new identifiers) are created.
3. User clicks on Virtual Trash on sidebar - receives an error message
that mailbox doesn't exist.  And it doesn't, since this link won't be
correct since the identifier it points to has been deleted in #2.

Not to mention that we have to generate IMP_Tree twice on login (since
the sidebar version is not saved in the session) so we are losing
caching benefits.

also, not sure if this is related (and haven't had time to track it
down), but i've had numerous problems of logging in (IMP is set as my
login app) and clicking on a IMP/sidebar link (to anywhere) after all
pages stop loading.  Main frame is immediately redirected to login page
which states login has failed.  Enter username/password, login, and the
rest of the session works fine.  This isn't reproducible 100% of the
time, either.

michael