[dev] New project question

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue May 17 07:44:58 PDT 2005

Zitat von Tobias Drewry <tdrewry at bu.edu>:

>  I'm new to this list as well as to developing for Horde.
> I am working on a program which is to be used for scheduling and
> generating reports.  As a result, I am planning to use either the
> Pear::Calendar class or the Horde::Date class. What I'd like to know
> is which one is preferable for a Horde application.

It really depends on what you need from these classes. If all you need
is PEAR's Calendar and can't be added easily to Horde_Date, then stick
with it. In all other cases you should prefer Horde_Date, especially if
you plan to distribute your application to keep external dependencies
as low as possible.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/