[dev] Suggestion for Filters name

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun May 22 09:43:35 PDT 2005

Quoting Kevin Myer <kevin_myer at iu13.org>:

> s/Filters/Message Rules/
>
> Rationale:
>
> Filters are really a subset of Message Rules.  Vacation messages
> aren't really a filter and a rule forwarding all messages that come
> from a certain person to
> another person isn't really a filter either.
>
> I think a more intuitive name to display would be Message Rules. Roll the sam
> module under that umbrella as well, since it becomes a type of message rule.
> Filters may also have a connotation of active content filtering and I think
> Message Rules would be more appropriate.

On a technical level, I think we should definitely combine the ingo,
forwards, vacation, and sam applications into one application if at all
possible.

For the wording, though, my gut is that users see Filters and know
what's going to be there, and Message Rules may not be so clear. Also,
you can change the label in registry.php locally easily.

-chuck

Quincy Adams