[dev] User interface options question

Kevin Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Mon May 23 04:41:01 PDT 2005

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.curecanti.org>:
>
>> And i should add that, especially with the previous paragraph, that
>> these concerns are really only relevant to IMP (and to a lesser degree,
>> Turba) -  This is simply becuase there are so many IMP/Turba
>> installations out there as compared to what I would call "Horde"
>> installations (e.g. a more complete suite of installed modules).  So
>> while it may make some sense in respect to Horde conventions, these UI
>> decisions do *not* make sense when you look at actual installed
>> user-base.  Or at least that's my opinion.
>
> I agree, FWIW.

FWI[probably not]W, I agree as well, for now.  Looking back, there's a good
argument to be made for backwards-compatibility.  But looking forward to the
day when the number of Horde installs equals or surpasses (come on - think
big!0 the number of IMP (and requiste module friends) installs, an interface
that is consistent would be a good goal to strive for.  For the time being,
I'll comment out code.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer