[dev] Calendar localization

persian-horde@metanetworking.com persian-horde at metanetworking.com
Tue May 24 06:18:58 PDT 2005

> I have no particular opposition to it, but you're going to have to be a
>  lot more specific about what you mean by that, and where you want
> changes. And supply patches most likely.

Hello

We mean adding a calendar type option in locale-time section in preference
page of horde.

Calendar types may be as follows:
Gregorian Calendar
Hijri
Hebrew (lunar)
Gregorian Middle East French
Gregorian Arabic
.
.

It would be great if a module(e.g a php function) be added for each
calendar type. This module takes a timestamp and a format string as input,
and outputs a localized date/time string, like what strftime does for
gregorian calendar.

Translotors or native developers could develope such modules for their
locale. in fa_IR we have such function, which could output a time/date
in "Hijri Shamsi" calendar.

The changes would be:

1. adding a "calendar type" drop-down selection in horde preference page
and also adding the appropriate module names in nls.php

$nls['calendar_module']['fa_IR'] = 'strftime_fa_IR';

2. We have to use the appropriate calendar function instead of strftime if
the current user changed the default calendar(gregorian).

Thanks,
Persian Horde Team