[dev] simplemarkup.php [patch]

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue May 31 01:34:52 PDT 2005

Zitat von Marc Jauvin <marc at r4l.com>:

> OK, may I ask the reason for this?

This is no real markup, so chances are that we find false positives. If
we strip the characters that (didn't) create the markup, the user might
loose information. Also, we do this in plain text messages that are not
supposed to contain markup; this way the (perhaps confused) user can
see in one glance, where the markup is coming from.

> Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>
>> Zitat von Marc Jauvin <marc at r4l.com>:
>>
>>> This fixes bold/underline/italic to NOT include the character used to
>>> identify the markup.
>>
>> It is by intention that the characters are not stripped from the text.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/