[dev] Fwd: Re: Google's Summer of Code - Interested in Search and CRM projects.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Jun 5 15:07:10 PDT 2005

Please keep the conversation on the list - this is how we do planning
of features for Horde, with community discussion.

> ----- Forwarded message from ciro.duran at gmail.com -----

> I've read a couple of CRM sites (http://www.project-open.org/ and
> http://www.sugarcrm.com/home/), and I'm getting a better idea of the
> size of the project. I hope you have a better image of what you want
> Horde to be, because I'm still a bit dizzy from all the reading, and
> all the features a CRM software has; comparing it to Horde. Maybe we
> should work out a more definite deliverable spec?, I'm right now
> thinking of a new module, which would allow me to work separately from
> the other ones, and would effectively put the functionality of them in
> one place. I'd like to know more about this, because as I see the
> project right now, it's still a bit blurry :-P.

I think a new module is a fine idea, as long as it's not actually
re-implementing features we already have. But a unified interface that
glues together Turba/Kronolith/etc., accessing their data through API
methods but providing a central ui/skin for it, would be great.

You might even do this as part of writing another frontend for Horde -
something else that was tossed around as a project idea. Would involve
working on the API methods, that kind of thing.

> PD: I'm getting interested about this project, should I start
> redacting my application? or should we wait until we have something
> more definite?

Apply whenever you feel comfortable - it's not first-come, so as long
as you don't miss the deadline, you're fine.

-chuck

Quincy Adams