[dev] rewrite of Horde_Form

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sun Jun 5 16:59:27 PDT 2005

Quoting Matt Warden <mwarden at gmail.com>:

> I am interested in the project to rewrite Horde_Form. I am a believer
> in standards-based, tableless designs (especially with functionally
> important elements like forms. Additionally, I have a decent amount of
> experience with AJAX. I currently have an article in-press with
> DevX.com regarding the development of generalized response handling
> methods to enable a more library-like use of AJAX (whereas most
> articles now ignore the need for separation and promote an
> intermingling of AJAX-specific code, like checking readyState
> property, within response handlers).

Sounds good. Keep your eyes peeled on our wiki page for the next day or
so, I'll be adding some ideas on how a Horde_Form rewrite could be part
of a next-gen Horde app development engine. Would standardize things to
make ajax able to rely on a certain structure, that sort of thing.

> I have not applied for this via Google's Summer of Code application
> page, because your wiki said to contact this list. As this is not the
> typical process, please let me know what the next step is.

You should apply via Google whenever you feel like you have enough
information to make a good application. Discussion on the list is for
your benefit if you're unsure of what you want to do, or need more
specifics on a project, etc. I'll update the wiki to try and make that
more clear.

-chuck

Quincy Adams