[dev] volos

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jun 6 01:00:19 PDT 2005

Zitat von "Edwin L. Culp" <eculp at encontacto.net>:

> Quoting Ben Chavet <ben at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>:
>>
>>> Is there a need for volos that agora doesn't meet?
>>>
>>> To give some background, one of the problems that I find myself
>>> fighting in Horde development is lack of focus. There are a very few
>>> core developers at the moment, and to have 50+ apps that everyone
>>> expects *us* to support is hard. I'd prefer to have a smaller number of
>>> core apps, especially when apps overlap in areas.
>>>
>>> On the other hand, it'd be great to have more people maintaining their
>>> own Horde apps...
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>
>> I admit that I haven't kept up with volos development very well...heck
>> my local install doesn't even work right.  If agora can fill the gap, I
>> say kill it.
>
> Actually, I think that Internet Guest Books value today is nostalgic.
> Initially they were one of the first sources of interactivity on web
> sites.  They are no longer needed and even less in Horde.  I agree with
> Chuck and Ben.

I don't agree, but this may be because I'm the only one in the world
using this module actively :-).
No, seriously, for Volos' purpose Agora is far to big, and I consider
it a nice, little, working real world example of a Horde application.
It's not much bigger than skeleton, but it actually does something.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/