[dev] Google Summer Code project

Alejandro Barrios R. abarriosr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 03:42:11 PDT 2005

Hi Guys:
Im interested in submitting a proposal for Google summer code. It is
about an application Im writing since one year ago.. but left behind
due to the lack of funds and time. Im sure u will really like the
application Im writing because it is very unique. So I hope to get an
answer from you before tomorrow thats the last day for subscription.
This is the project description Im planning to post into the google
application submission link:
--------------
A new Horde Application that can be integrated inside the pool of
applications it already has.
The application, which I call 'loantsys' is a Loan Tracking System,
that can be used by Microfinance Organizations (mfi) to manage loans
in a fast and coherent way, managing all the loan process from filling
application, social research, feasibility study, approval, repayments,
penalties, creation of the structure of the organization (regional and
branches offices), user's management, etc. It will create different
kind of reports according to the CGAP standards (www.cgap.org).
Ive already started the application for an organization but it is
stalled now due to the deficit of funds. I can submit the code I have
advanced for evaluation from the mentor organization if requested.
Im sure that any mfi around the world would be really glad to have a
loan tracking system completely opensource, due to the fact that there
is nothing like this until now and all of them waste a lot of money in
buying a comercial tool for that, something that cannot be afforded by
small/medium organizations.
Hope to have an aswer from u guys today.. so I will be able to
subscribe tomorrow.
Thx and regards
Alejandro.

--