[dev] [cvs] commit: framework/Perms/Perms datatree.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Jul 14 06:26:48 PDT 2005

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> jan         2005-07-14 06:18:47 PDT
>
>  Modified files:
>    Perms/Perms          datatree.php
>  Log:
>  Workaround that shares create permissions that are not really permissions
>  inside Horde's Perms system.
>
>  Bug: 2268
>
>  Revision  Changes    Path
>  1.21      +8 -9      framework/Perms/Perms/datatree.php
>
>  Chora Links:
>
> http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/framework/Perms/Perms/datatree.php?r1=1.20&r2=1.21&ty=u

The problem is that the Share system uses Perms objects without using
the Perms API. The Perms system assumes that we have a strict
hierarchical permissions structure with application permissions on the
top level. Shares use arbitrary names for permssions that don't follow
this scheme, e.g. Trean uses username:category:subcategory for share
names, but "username" is of course no application.

This wasn't really clear to me until I analyzed this bug, and now that
I know it, I don't feel really well with this fact. No better ideas at
the moment, but I thought I should share it with you.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/