[dev] [cvs] commit: imp/lib/IMAP Client.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Sun Jul 24 10:41:15 PDT 2005

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.curecanti.org>:

>>> Shouldn't this rather be part of the Horde_IMAP package?
>>
>> Nope - because of BC.  Unless we are going to require Horde 3.1 for IMP
>> 4.1, it has to live in IMP until Horde 4 comes out.
>
> AFAIU the client should help detecting the correct namespaces. Couldn't
> it be implemented so that it is used if it's there, and falling back to
> the parameter in servers.php if not?

Sounds like you are shooting for "Use the library if exists".  I am
shooting for "remove the namespace, hierarchies, (possibly) folders,
and delimiter parameter completely".  I'm sure you would agree we get
more questions about misconfiguration dealing with these parameters
than any other so I want to remove them from the equation entirely.
That's why I think we need to bundle the library with IMP 4.x (although
I obviously wouldn't be adverse to concurrently adding the library to
framework also).

> Btw, are you going to support the whole namespace extension, including
> automatic detection of namespaces for shared folders etc.?

That's the plan, since it allows us to get rid of the hierarchies
parameter.  And this will aid in detecting and showing shared
hierarchies that are unsubscribed (Bug #1550).

michael