[dev] Bugfix: Problem Report full URL

Greg Rundlett Greg.Rundlett at savaJe.com
Thu Jul 28 07:39:37 PDT 2005

Hi Chuck, et al.

This is fairly simple, but took me a long time to track it down, so I'll
explain it in detail.

In lib/Horde.php, the getServiceLink() method is responsible for
creating the URL that is used for the 'Problem Report' function
displayed in most Horde applications.  The generated URL contains a
querystring parameter (return_url), that is then used to return the user
from whence they came after submitting the form.  This 'return to
sender' is accomplished using an HTTP Location header.  The version of
Horde that I have (3.0) only creates a relative path for the return_url
parameter.  The HTTP location header should always use a complete URI.
Also, a proxied application will result in a 404 error if the
querystring parameter is just a relative path.  Using the optional $full
arguments to Horde::url() and  Horde::selfUrl() cures these issues,
creating a Problem Report URL like the following:
https://mead-2.savaje.com/ab-dev/services/problem.php?return_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmead-2.savaje.com%2Fab-dev%2Fautobuilder%2Faddr2line.php
See
http://pastebin.com/323798
for patched version

--
Greg Rundlett

Release Engineering Team
SavaJe Technologies
(978) 259-2029

[random sig fortune]
Life is like an egg stain on your chin -- you can lick it, but it still
won't go away.