[dev] [cvs] [Wiki] changed: KronolithRoadMap

Kevin M. Myer kevin_myer at iu13.org
Mon Aug 1 06:27:24 PDT 2005

> jan  Sun, 31 Jul 2005 03:52:13 -0700
>
> Modified page: http://wiki.horde.org/KronolithRoadMap
> New Revision:  1.4
> Change log:  Don't we have this already?
> -* Support resource scheduling (rooms, equipment, etc.)
> +* Support resource scheduling (rooms, equipment, etc.) (How does
> this differ from creating a shared calendar for a resource? --jan)
> * What else?

I was envisioning something where resources are formally separated from
attendees (people).  I didn't necessarily want to create separate
accounts just
for resources, and I didn't want an individual user to have to explicity tie
resources to their account, which is what I would have to do currently.

Thats why I envisioned using a system-owned share
(http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/?id=2059), and adding something like a Resources
portion to the current attendees.php screen.  The resources would be owned by
the system, and methods could be made to include them when searching for
entities or objects to include in a meeting.

Actually, it might be better to just create a building, or location account,
create shares for each resource and make those available in another address
book.  But I think that Kronolith still needs a mechanism to distinguish
between a person and a resource, at least in the user interface and
probably at
the code level too.  You can doublebook a person for a meeting, but for
scheduling, you shouldn't be able to doublebook a room, so a method that
implies different rules are in effect, if you're using a resource.

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer
Senior Systems Administrator