[dev] RFC: Horde_Form Rewrite's XHTML Output

Patrice Levesque horde.wayne at ptaff.ca
Sat Aug 6 18:31:22 PDT 2005

> >     1) Embed form fields in their labels when possible
> will try to find some information on what you are referring to

I found it, though I didn't remember it was so authoritative;
WCAG 1.0: http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#forms-labels

> >     3) Radio buttons should have one selection at all times; I don't
> Why is this? What if it is not a required field? It seems to me this

If it's not a required field, offer "Nothing" as a default choice, or
use a select box with "Nothing" as a default choice.

See radio button section:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html#h-17.2.1

> Do you have any ideas on how to relate the notes semantically? (Aside

Just using "title" on the input field should be enough.  Another (in my
opinion) less elegant way would be to jam it all in the <label>, using
CSS:

<label for="field">
    Enum
    <select name="field" id="field">...</select>
</label>

Then styling it:
.formdescription { display: block; float: right; }

This is indeed incomplete and only to sketch what I mean.

> Thanks again for taking a look.

Thanks for reworking the forms!

--
        horde.wayne at ptaff.ca