[dev] IMP Session attached delimiter bug

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Mon Aug 8 13:57:12 PDT 2005

Quoting Marc Jauvin <marc at r4l.com>:

> Yup, that fixed the bug I was experiencing since the IMAP code
> revamp... I could no longer access my Mailbox, and apache was
> overloading the CPU.
>
> Thanks a lot, Duck!
>
> Note: I guess Chuck, Jan & others were using 'imap/tls' since they did
> not notice the problem before...
>

> Duck <duck at obala.net> wrote:
>

>> Since updated to the new IMP namespace auto detection I have problems with
>> IMAP folders. The folder list retrieving falls to an endless loop. The
>> attached patch solves my problems. It just sets the delimiter to "/" if is
>> empty, like the TLS part already does.
>>
>> Duck

This patch is incorrect.  It assumes a delimiter of '/' which is not
necessarily correct on all IMAP servers (Courier uses '.' for example).
  The real issue is that some people apparently have no personal
namespaces defined on their server so namespace detection is coming up
null.  We have to find a better way to work around this (more
importantly, IMP currently doesn't handle the situation, perfectly
allowable under RFCs, where different namespaces have different
delimiters).

I have not been around my computer for a few days so I haven't had a
chance to look at this in detail yet.

michael