[dev] namespaces and shared folders

Rachid Chalabi r.chalabi at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Aug 9 05:08:26 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have just started using the latest CVS version of IMP with the view of
replacing our existing live version which works with a cyrus IMAP server.

The new version works well in the sense that it displays the list of
messages in the mailbox view with an Oracle Collaboration Suite (OCS) with
dynamic namespaces and hierachies. The cyrus backend is working well as
well.

The current live version of IMP could not handle OCS and displayed only the
number of messages as has been reported in the past with other IMAP
servers. This is due I think to a bug in OCS where the SORT ARRIVAL
mechanism returned nothing although SORT is listed in capabilities.
The CVS version of IMP deals with it in the mailbox view but not in the
search view (I had to change SORTARRVIVAL to SORTDATE to cope with this).

The current issue I have is shared folders. I managed to set one up using
the rfc2086 driver but they are not displayed in the folder view or the
tree view. The can however be seen in the search view (when showing ALL
Folders).

The namespace command returns:

* NAMESPACE (("" "/")) (("#Shared/" "/")) (("#Public/" "/"))

and the list command:

* LIST (\NoSelect) "/" "/"

Using hierarchies did not help.

Another buglet seen only in Fireofox 1.0.6 is that the mailbox listing
columns are all collapsed and left aligned instead of the usual spacing
betwen them. Usually a refresh of the browser clears it. Internet Explorer
does not exibit this behavior.

Thanks.

Rachid Chalabi
ITS