[dev] More PHP than Horde but...

Xavier Perseguers pub at perseguers.ch
Wed Aug 10 05:49:22 PDT 2005

Hello,

If you take any of the edit/insert form in Horde (for instance in module
vilma but it does not matter), at the end of the saveXXX method, you
redirect to the list of items (mailboxes or forwards, for instances)
with something like

--- edit.php ---
if (everything_is_saved) {
    header('Location: /index.php');
    exit();
}

But in both IE and Firefox, while 'seeing' index.php result page, the
URL still shows 'edit.php' after this code.

If you then ask your browser to refresh, you get a dialog box with

The page cannot be refreshed without resending the information (blabla)

If you press enter and in the edit.php form you just added an item, your
query is done another time and you get 2 times the newly added item.

I would say the problem is related to the exit() statement but is there
anything I may do to avoid such bad behaviours?

Xavier Perseguers