[dev] How to maintain ascii manual formating in head.

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at mail.curecanti.org
Wed Aug 10 22:37:33 PDT 2005

Quoting "Edwin L. Culp" <eculp at encontacto.net>:

> Is there a trick to maintain ascii outline like formating when sending
> email from imp.  In one of my versions, I can add spaces at the end of
> the line and it works pretty well but in haven't found a trick for head
> and I don't want to send webmail if I can keep from it.  That is
> another problem.

Don't add spaces at the end of the line - this indicates a flowed line
which means the receiving MUA may very well treat the next line as a
continuance of the current line.  And your example came out terrible on
the list for the simple reason that the listserv software currently
does an absolutely horrific job of messing up text-flowed messages.

michael