[dev] "Divot" idea

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Aug 11 00:30:58 PDT 2005

Zitat von "Jason M. Felice" <jfelice at cronosys.com>:

> Attached is an incomplete but illustrative example of a concept that
> I'm working on for a possible new PEAR library tenatively called
> "Divot."  A divot is sort of an HTML widget... it could be a form
> control, or a form, or a reusable spin component.
>
> The idea is to be able to automagically dispatch events back to their
> respective objects, and automatically handle Ajax callbacks, and
> still have all the code localized to the thing we are working with.
> And still be lightweight.
>
> Let me know what you think.  I'm only attached to the basic concept,
> I know there are a lot of things with this idea which could use some
> work.  Objections of any sort are always welcome.

I like the general idea of having encapsulated widgets. Sort of what we
started with the blocks, but much more flexible. But I don't understand
why you would use the memento pattern. From what I can see where you
are heading at, serializing/deserializing the Divot objects would be
the appropriate action to restore the object state in the next request.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/